Thursday, March 26, 2015

Transformation of Women's Leadership seminar.

Two days ago, I voiced out my craving for steak to my Mama. She asked me to find a free time this week to go to her office so that we could have one during lunchtime or dinner. Thus, making all this happened yesterday.


Attend the Transformation of Women's Leadership seminar at De' Seri Endon, Puspanita, Putrajaya. 

It was, awkward, at first as every time I stumble upon humans they would ask me the exact same question, "From which department are you?" What do you expect me to answer as the only thing I know is that I just graduated from high school?! Nevertheless, Mama's being a lifesaver, she would answer on behalf of me, This is my daughter actually. Just finished her SPM... & so on, so on explaining why she brought me here. 


The dining room.

I was eating a plate of noodles and was sitting next to a bunch of old women. Basically, they were all government workers from different department, and guess what they were discussing about? 
.


.


.

About GST!!!!

Something about they weren't clear with it. I wanted to laugh my stomach out but, that would be something I don't know, rude? so, I continue eating my noodles.


Before the seminar started.


During the seminar.

There were almost 1000 women who came to enliven the seminar.

Anyway, I sat next to a doctor. I don't know what's her name. So, the same question came out again, "Where are you from?" Which basically means, which department I am working for, but again, I am just an unemployed SPM leaver, remember? I looked at my Mama's friend who's sitting next to me. "Accountant department." she answered the doctor's question.

The doctor is very friendly indeed. She is so nice, and I do feel guilty for lying to her that I was an accountant when the reality is, I haven't even started my University life.

Guess, what's her next question, peeps?


"Are you married?"

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

I was about to answer, "I'm not, I'm still young! How can I?! I'm only 18!!!!" But then, I just said. "No, I'm not." as the fact that I had lied to her slip on my mind. Guess what happened next?! SHE  SHOW ME A PICTURE OF HER BOYFRIEND, OH MY GOD. Double the guiltiness.

Anyway, skip that, let's proceed with what I had gained throughout the seminar.





Most of the speakers are inspiring women. They weren't a housewife. They work for a living but at the same time have kids to take care of. Nonetheless, they manage to prove that woman can do what man do. They prove that, as a girl, a lady, a lass and a woman, we could also achieve our dreams despite the fact we are 'females'.

Here are the slides that I managed to capture during the seminar before my phone's battery drained off.

Credits: Hajah Sharifah Zaida Nurlisha Syed Ibrahim.
Deputy President of Malaysian Oil and Gas Services Council.


Women responsibilities.







Referring to the video which I recorded, she wanted the women to know who they really are and what they like. We have to look at our strengths, show it and don't focus on our weaknesses. As a woman also, we have to understand ourselves.

"The first thing for you to be happy is to know who you are."

"Do not ever lose who you are."

"Find time to do what you like, because if you don't do what you like, you'll be depressed. Thus results in the nagging."

The next speaker which I found to be very inspiring is ACP Ong Chin Lan who is the Assistant Director General of the Royal Malaysian Police. She's a policewoman who has a Master in Psychologist!!!! Can you believe it?! She basically share with us her experiences as a police and the cases that she had dealt with.

After that, the well-known, Dr. Robiah binti Kulop Hamzah who is a Motivational and Counselling Expert. Her talk was the best out of all. Her speech was about how to communicate.

I would love to share some of communication tips that she had shared with us.

First before you speak, you have to think of what you want to say. Is it good, or bad? How to react to other people's response and so on. Secondly, you face expression. Whatever you want to say, you have to, smile. Thirdly, every morning before you go out take like a minute to look at the mirror and praise your beautiful face.

Last but not least, remember M V V M.

M - Mission; What do you want other people to receive from your speech?
V - Vision; How will they react as soon as you finish talking? (If I'm not mistaken).
V - Value; I barely remember what's was about. Think if what you want to say is valuable to others, perhaps?
M - Meaning; ... I regretted as I didn't brought my pen and notebook along.

*Cries an ocean.


Hash tag, Natural Beauty.


My outfit of the day.


 A picture with Mama's friends. This one was before the doctor came and took a sit next to me.

Lots of Love, Nurzafira Sabrina.

No comments: