Saturday, April 14, 2018

Baetul Baeyah

Remember my promise to update about BB's mega project, going to Petrosains with the kids??? Here I am!
.

.


.
07/04/2018

Anyways just to tell you guys, it has been a super stressful and busy week. Week 9 was e-learning week (which means we are having online classes instead of physical lectures and tutorials!) but we are very much occupied with quiz(es) and assignments. E-learning may seem fun because you get to do everything at home but trust me the workload stays the same.

I haven't felt very humane for the past few weeks. It's probably because I had a very unproductive mid semester break (home all day, everyday smh. Not to mention I spent almost everyday in my room throughout the e-learning week as well) so I'm very very excited for this BB's mega project!

Once we reached the Madrasah, as per usual some of the kids would wait for us outside. I was walking with the other volunteers when I heard, "hi kak, hi kak" but I ignored it because I thought it was for some other kakaks when it turned out that the HI was meant for me!!! It was Razif whom hi-ed me. Good lord. Only god knows how excited I was when I knew he remembered me!!! I mean, it has been a while since my last BB trip but the fact that these kids still remember me made me flattered.

Yelah. Every week they will meet other volunteers, ini tak kira those who came under different projects than Baitul Bahiyyah. The chances for the kids to remember me is like 0.00001% kot? Haha. That's why I get so excited. Even when they don't remember my name, they still remember how I look like. :')

Like my previous trip, Adham asked me to become the moderator to control the situation for few minutes before we proceed with the next tentative. We made some cheers like tepuk rocket, tepuk tak bunyi  and tepuk cikabuka just to warm up the kids. Then we separated them into their groups and this time I had to take care of the tahap 1 students - Aris, Nordini, Natasha, and Fiza (a bit sad cause I want to be in Razif's group but that's ok). After we had breakfast, we went to Petrosains, Suria KLCC.

@ Petrosains, Suria KLCC.

Alhamdulillah, everything went well for the tahap 1 kids. Even though there were some delays, we still manage to follow the tentative. The flow was pretty smooth for these kids. Our main concern was actually the toilet because... you know... tak ada paip....  but it wasn't really a big problem because they somehow know how to use the bidet so yay for that! #kurangkerjaakak

While we were in Petrosains, the kids were very excited when they see the technology. It is indeed a good place to triggered their curiosity and mind to think out of the box. It's sad to say that some of them barely go out and experience such things themselves. So this project is a great medium to expose them to the 'real world'.








Our last pit stop at Masjid Wilayah before sending the kids back to their Madrasah.

I'm so sorry I posted pictures of myself more than the kids but they are protected under Child Act. Despite the consent we received from the Madrasah, I don't think it's appropriate to post it here. So if you want to see more of the kids' pictures do follow @baitulbahiyyah's instagram!

Anyways, just to tell you guys, today (14/04/2018) was Majlis Penutup Baitul Bahiyyah and it brings back memories on how I started my journey as an AJK under this Project. I joined loads of projects last semester so I barely contributed for BB. I went for the previous Majlis Penutup and Adham forced to become an informal emcee (not like it's a big deal haha). And today here I am, becoming emcee for Majlis Penutup Baitul Bahiyyah for the second time and I was so pleased to do so (despite having a massive headache).


Our LDK was a bit special this time! We taught the kids how to make "love" by origami and then the kids need to write something for the facilitators and these are what I received!

Ahh, can't believe it's the end of BB already and this semester I develop so much love for the the kids and BB team. I'm attached to this little family a little too much this time. I wish I would still get college next semester just so I can meet the kids, again.

Rindu dah.

Lots of Love, Nurzafira Sabrina.

No comments: