Monday, April 6, 2020

Street Law Program (Outbound) | Depok, Indonesia

Assalamualaikum guys!!

Here's an update for my RMO day 20! Alhamdulillah I manage to wake up quite early today and helped my mom in the kitchen while she attended a meeting online #workingfromhome. Also, I decided to do a 20 minutes of Yoga Weight Loss for my working out routine today! Keep that body moving peeps!

By the way, you guys know about this Instagram feature where it reminded you of the memories that happened years and years ago right? I almost forgot that on April 2017, I participated in a Street-Law Program for my outbound participation (just so you know, in UM Law school, it is MANDATORY for all students to participate in an outbound program). I was so lucky I was given the chance to be a part of it when I was in my first year, second semester. I really miss the time there. I made a lot of new friends, not just the one we met at Indonesia, but I also get to bond with some of my seniors in Law School. I swear I wanted to write about my trip to Universitas Indonesia (or people called it- uuu-eee) as soon as it ended but I was so occupied with school. So I want to remedy that by spamming some pictures for keepsake memories.

Before that I would like to just briefly explained what a Street-Law Program is; the objective of this program is to educate people on the awareness of human rights, civil rights etc.We went to many different places in Indonesia such as Rumah Pertahanan Wanita (can't remember what it's called, but it was like a detention place for women) and schools like SBJK... it's so frustrating because I can't remember the exact name of the places we went to while we were there. Anyways, what we did is we taught these women and children about their rights.



The UI students fetched us at the airport, hee, how sweet!


If I'm not mistaken this was our second day here. 




I remember taking A LOT of pictures by using kak Syasya's phone (which was oppo btw! the quality was so good!!!) and posted the pictures the same night because I was obsessed with...not sure myself or the place. Haha.


UM ft. UI


I have a very serious question, what happened to me now? I looked pretty decent back in those "innocent" days.





This was when we conducted a Mock Trial and I became a judge. 




While waiting for kereta.... cause that's what they called keretapi there. 








If there's anything I treasure so much from this trip it would be the people! You have no idea how welcoming and kind Indonesians are! I remember Irvan belanja me KFC for my lunch because I had spent all my money on shopping (blaming my impulsive self!!). and you know what's funny? Later I figured out that I still have 50,000 rupiah which I kept at the back of my phone's cover. Adoi. I also remember that this one night we went to this one restaurant for desserts and there was this one busker entertained us with his angelic voice. Sedap gila suara dia. I tak tau nak describe macam mana. But remember asking him to sing Dia by Anji because I was hooked to that song. Mana taknya, setiap pagi the hotel we stayed in would play the song and Virgoun's surat cinta untuk Starla. Tell you what, the song wasn't even as famous as it is right now!!!

DID I also tell you how good their foods are????? 

Besides the good foods, and company, I also enjoy the program very much. I got to learn Indonesian law, read their Federal Constitution, and exchange views on Malaysia and Indonesia education system. The best part of program is to be able to reach out to the unprivileged people and educate them about their rights. It is actually sad to know that some of them don't even know basic rights. And to just hear their stories about life, oh lord you have no idea how strong these people actually are.

Writing this makes me miss Indonesia so much!!! I hope my Indonesian friends are doing well. Most of them have already graduated and are now working their dream jobs. Ah~ This is why we should cherish Instagram- for reminding us of old memories is one thing, but to also connect people from all around the world, that is just amazing!!!

Until next time guys!

Cheers,
Nurzafira Sabrina


No comments: