Thursday, December 27, 2018

study week & worries

My body ache so bad last night so I decided to sleep early. I woke up feeling shitty and worried. I'm worried because there are still a lot of chapters I have yet to cover and I saw a friend of mine tweeted she had covered most of the subjects and only a few left. I took a deep breathe and constantly checked my phone - I don't know why but I tend to do that every time I feel restless. Maybe I was searching for assurance that hey you are not that slow.

I was going through my Islamic Criminal Law slides when at the end of the slides, Ustaz put a saying by Confucious "no matter how slow you are, don't stop" and all of sudden, there's this feeling of comfort. The kind of assurance that I needed the most, came in just at the right time.

I know there are times when we have worked so hard, write so much notes, read a lot of books, but it still doesn't feel enough and it seems like someone out there has always done more than we do. But please, don't make it a reason for us to quit studying. Remind our own self that a progress is still a progress regardless of our 'slow' phase. Be glad that we are still moving instead of stopping.

I'm trying not to beat myself for taking longer rest than I needed yesterday. I'm still trying to forgive myself for stopping at a subject because I think it has too much topics to cover. And looking at the words of motivation, I feel at ease a bit. Of course, I shouldn't give up too early after this! #lessonlearnt.

Please make du'a I could at least cover as much as topics before exam days.

Lots of Love, Nurzafira Sabrina.

No comments: