Saturday, September 6, 2014

Day 1 & 2 of My School Trip to Singapore.

After three weeks of sleepless nights,
TRIALS had finally over!!

Ain't ready for the results though - ugh - but hey, I am not here to blab or nag about how hard and difficult the papers were.


I am here to share with you about my school trip to, guess where?!

Aha, yes, Singapore!

Thank be to Allah, I was one of the 32 students who had been chosen by the teachers to join the trip to Singapore. I still remember how confident I was when I told Syazwani Afza I would never be chosen to join the trip since they needed only 3 students from each class. We have Gokull Rao, Rabiatul Aqillah, Noraina, Theebban and a few other smart as well as active students in our class. I believe, the probability of me being chosen as one of the participants was actually 0.01%! 

"Rezeki itu milik Allah."

Anyway, the other two students are:
1) Nur Aqilah, our class monitor and,
2) Farah Nadia.

Day 1.

- Wednesday, 13th of August 2014. -

We started our journey at 3.30 p.m. and it took about 5 hours before we reached Johor Bahru. As soon as we reached our destination, we stopped for a while at Aeon, Johor Bahru shopping complex to have our dinner. Then we went to Kolej Tun Dr. Ismail, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Johor Bahru to check in. 



Had our dinner at Aeon, Johor Bahru shopping complex.




I watched the Amazing Spider-man & Awak Nak Kahwin Dengan Saya? movie throughout the journey. Truth to be told, for some reasons, somehow, I just did not feel excited neither do happy about this trip.

Day 2 (Part 1).

- Thursday, 14th of August 2014. -

Before I proceed, I would love to tell you that this trip was organized by Panitia Pendidikan Islam as well as Panitia Pendidikan Sivik dan Kewarganegaraan. The 32 students were actually chosen to visit one of religious schools in Singapore which was Madrasah Al-Junied, Singapore. It sort of an immersion program. 

Very interesting, isn't it?

Woke up at 4 o'clock in the morning in order to get ourselves ready because we would be going to Madrasah Al-Junied, Singapore today! We had our breakfast in the bus while we were on our way to the Immigration Office. Needed to reach Madrasah Al-Junied, Singapore, by 7.30 a.m. so we had to rush.

For your information, I had never been abroad before so yes, this was my very first time experience travelling to other countries. I felt quite excited and of course, nervous!


Hello, Singaporeans! Hello, Madrasah Al-Junied's students.

A brief explanation about the school - Had a burger as our lunch - Met our "buddy" and fellow classmates.

It felt like an honor for us to get to know the teaching and learning process of the school. For your knowledge, the school had produced a big amount of successful people from Singapore, Malaysia up to Brunei. Their students know how to speak in three languages and there are English, Malay as well as Arabic which is very impressive! 

I am unsure concerning the classes they have but, if I am not mistaken, there are normal, fast-track and pre-U classes. The normal classes are for average students, fast-track students is equivalent to industrious people while pre-U students are like Matriks students in Malaysia, but they are 17-18 years old. A bit confusing eh? Me too, at first. Oh yes, for your information, each and everyone of us were paired up with a "buddy".

What is "Buddy"?

A "buddy" is a student of Madrasah Al-Junied, Singapore who will be our partner in the school for the whole day! He/She will show and tell you everything we want to know about the school so we needed to sit beside them in the classes, go recess with them and so on.




Meet my "buddy", Nur Aqilah. 


My, mm-hmm, classmates-for-only-one-day, Sec 5 students!


Meet Nurul Jannah and Nur Aqilah, the only flowers in Sec 5 class.






With their Bahasa Melayu teacher. 

... She called me Zafi-RO instead of Zafira. I find it really really amusing.

Ended our class at 2.30 p.m. and then we had to gather at the hall for official school assembly. The interesting part was, their official school assembly was not for the teachers to blab or nag, but for the students to make performances in 3 different languages! I can say, it was indeed, very fun!


The guys from our school performed too!


Yes, their students do rock-climbing.


With our "buddies".


"Us."

I miss them already.

Okay, till then peeps! I will continue my Day 2 (Part 2) of My School Trip to Singapore in the next post! I do not want this post to be too long so yes, please wait patiently. 

Lots of Love, Nurzafira Sabrina.

No comments: